Half Day City & Temples Tour
Stop At: Wat Benchamabophit (The Marble Temple), 69 Nakornpathom Rd Dusit, Bangkok 10300 Thailand. Wat Benchamabophit Dusitvanaram is a Buddhist temple in the Dusit District of Bangkok, Thailand. Also known as the marble temple, it is one of Bangkok’s best-known temples and a major tourist attraction. It typifies Bangkok’s ornate style of high gables, stepped-out roofs and elaborate finials.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Temple of the Reclining Buddha (Wat Pho), 2 Sanamchai Road. Prabarom Maharajawang, Pranakorn, Bangkok 10200 Thailand. Wat Pho (the Temple of the Reclining Buddha), or Wat Phra Chetuphon, is right behind the Temple of the Emerald Buddha – it’s a must-see for any first-time visitor to Bangkok. As one of the largest temple complexes in the city, it’s famed for its giant reclining Buddha that is 46 metres long and covered in gold leaf.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Temple of the Golden Buddha (Wat Traimit), 661 Chaoren Krung Road Talad Noi, Samphanthawong, Bangkok 10100 Thailand. Wat Traimit in Bangkok is known for housing a 5.5-tonne statue of a seated Buddha. The gold sculpture dates back to the 13th century and measures at nearly 5 metres in height. Located in Chinatown Bangkok, this ornate temple is about 450 metres west of the Hualampong Railway Station.
Duration: 45 minutes
Pass By: Democracy Monument, Ratchadamnern Klang Road, Bangkok 10200 Thailand. The Democracy Monument was started in 1939 to commemorate the 1932 revolution that ended the absolute monarchy and introduced Siam’s first constitution. The design of the monument is full of symbolism. For example, the four wings are each 24 meters high, signifying the 24th of June date the new constitution was signed. The location of the monument, between the old Grand Palace and the Dusit Palace, is also significant. A copy of the original constitution is held in central pedestal.
Pass By: China Town, 1352 ถนน ทรงวาด Khwaeng Samphanthawong, Khet Samphanthawong, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10100, Thailand. Bangkok’s Chinatown is a popular tourist attraction and a food haven for new generation gourmands who flock here after sunset to explore the vibrant street-side cuisine. At day time, it’s no less busy, as hordes of shoppers descend upon this 1-km strip and adjacent Charoenkrung Road to get a day’s worth of staple, trade gold, or pay a visit to one of the Chinese temples. Packed with market stalls, street-side restaurants and a dense concentration of gold shops, Chinatown is an experience not to miss
Pass By: I Asia Thailand, 319 Phayathai Road, Pathumwan 24th Floor c/o Spaces, Bangkok 10330 Thailand. I Asia Thailand is the local operator of this tour
- Traveler pickup is offered
- Hotel Pick up included centrally located hotels
- Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 – 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
- Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Returns to original departure point
Roundtrip transfers from centrally located Bangkok hotels (if Option chosen),Professional Local guide,All Entrance Fees,Insurance,Entry/Admission – Wat Benchamabophit (The Marble Temple),Entry/Admission – Temple of the Reclining Buddha (Wat Pho),Entry/Admission – Temple of the Golden Buddha (Wat Traimit)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children 1 and younger are complimentary.
- Price for children aged 2-11 years applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant seats On Request Basis if advised at time of booking
- This tour is wheelchair accessible (Wat Trimtir has a small lift at the back in case visitors cannot manage the steps)
- The #1 rule of etiquette for visiting Thai temples is to dress modestly. This means clothing that covers your shoulders and knees (and preferably ankles). No see-through clothes, flip flops(socks must be worn if you’re wearing sandles) and no bright colours.
- At least 2 people are required for this activity to take place. Single traveler may book this product, but is subject to availability and cancellation if minimum number of people is not met on the activity day. (Alternative date or refund will be offered should this occur.).
- If Option chosen, hotel pick up may be 30-60 minutes prior to tour Start time/Departure time (depending on hotel location).
- If you book the Option without hotel pick up, please ensure you give yourself sufficient time to get to the Montien Hotel by 8:15am / 1:15pm
- OPTION 1 – tour includes hotel pick up and is available from most centrally located Bangkok hotels. This Option can be amended and/or cancelled. You will be able to arrange pick up from your hotel or a nearby location when you call to confirm your reservation. This tour IS refundable (conditions apply)
- OPTION 2 – tour does not include hotel pick up. Please make your way to the Montien Hotel to meet your guide no later than 8:15am or 1.15pm. Tours commence at 8:30am and 1.30pm. This tour IS NOT refundable.
- This tour concludes at Gems Gallery International. Gems Gallery is the largest gems store in the world. Also at Gems Gallery is a factory, a theatre, a restaurant/lounge plus more. Every visitor to Gems Gallery receives a complimentary soft drink in air-conditioned comfort. You can leave straight away or stay here for hours, the choice is yours. Upon request, a complimentary transfer back to your hotel will be arranged.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- Voucher Requirements
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.